About Me

My photo
After we've completed a house, it's amazing how many people say "Isn't it great how it all came together!"... as if by accident. This is a very small look into how it all "comes together".

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Progress despite the rain!

It is now school holidays for my darlings so I will spend less time running around like a headless chook and more time working from home and hopefully have time to blog!  It's been a manic few weeks all round so I'll do my best to get you all up to speed. 
Now... Where was I?.....
 The front block walls were built this day (including letterbox) and the roof trusses were completed.
 The boys are standing on the roof trusses building the outriggers (2 storeys high... which makes me nervous!)
Looking back towards the dining room from the living area. The negative waterproofing to the zero boundary walls (kitchen) has been completed. It's very rare to see a dry site at the moment. The rain is really starting to get depressing now... however, we are making progress despite the rain! A's favourite quote at the moment is "it's a passing shower"... in other words... "boys... you are NOT going ANYWHERE!"
 The left hand side is the entry and the right is our garage. I had to design our front door a few days ago. I  started with plan A, then went to plan B, C D & E only to go back to plan A!  You would think that by now I would trust my instincts more.  It is going to be a large pivot door made from red cedar with 3 narrow vertical (off centre) green float panels. I'm still trying to decide what to do with that block wall?
 Our house looking from our neighbour/client's house. I like what I see so far!
 Looking West... that's the kitchen, courtyard, dining, living and our bedroom & bathroom.
Our bedroom/veranda
 Looking East at the kids' and guest bedrooms
This is where my Allegro light will go.
 I am still loving my bedroom!
 The Cabinet makers getting ready for a meeting with me. I've had one showroom and one site meeting and I think we're almost there! It helps when you know exactly what you want!
We designed our kitchen and then saw an almost identical one in Vogue Living. It was Matt Moran's kitchen. I met Matt Moran at Libertines one night and he wasn't overly friendly... but since we clearly have the same taste in kitchens I'm willing to forgive him for his rudeness (just this once ;)
Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...