About Me

My photo
After we've completed a house, it's amazing how many people say "Isn't it great how it all came together!"... as if by accident. This is a very small look into how it all "comes together".

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Rome

Last night I finished downloading all of the photos from the trip.
MAMA MIA..... There are so many!!

How am I going to choose the best ones for the blog??
I'm keen to give you an overall picture of our travels with a focus of design & housing.

Our first stop is Roma (Rome) ITALIA!!!
This is my 3rd visit to this amazing city and I love it more and more every visit!

The Colours are beautiful.
I just love the paint they use. 
Whether a building was painted hundreds of years ago or yesterday it all works.


The Vatican & St. Peter's Basilica became a daily site for almost 3 weeks. 
It was our hood! Our Apartment (belonging to good Roman friends of ours)
was just a few blocks away.
This is our Apartment 
(Thank You so so much Giulio, Rita & Pino. xoxo)
 The rooms open out to a leafy, quiet courtyard
 This is the kids' bedroom
 We'd just arrived and it's straight to running around with uncle Mauro!
Speaking of the hood,
this amazing Deli 'Rosticceri' was just around the corner
 When you visit Rome, you must be prepared to have pastries,
chocolate and coffee for breakfast every morning....
I know.... I didn't like it one bit :-)
A 'Bar' is where you go to drink Coffee,
however if you ask for Prosecco or Vino for Breakfast that's not frowned upon
 There was no shortage of great little eating 
& drinking places in our hood
 How cute are those stools?!
On Day one you must also master the drinking fountains.
The kids had mastered these on our last Italian trip in 2007


The water in Rome is incredible
The locals prefer the bottled variety, but this was perfect for us.


and we haven't even left our hood yet!
J
xx

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us on holiday with you, J! How did you feeling coming back to the house after such a long time away?

    M
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi M,
    You're welcome! It also helps me to hold on to the holiday as long as I can!
    It was really nice coming back to the House as it was such a whirlwind before we left that we hadn't really had a chance to enjoy it. We are definitely enjoying it now. I feels so big though!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Jealous, Rome is one of my fave places!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...