About Me

My photo
After we've completed a house, it's amazing how many people say "Isn't it great how it all came together!"... as if by accident. This is a very small look into how it all "comes together".

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tiles

After several visits to tile shops with clients (and helping a few friends as well) my head was starting to spin! I was laying in bed at night not sleeping, thinking about tiles!

I have my favourite Stone supplier in Brisbane who gives me excellent rates and will source just about any tile in the world for me.  Yesterday at the showroom I was fortunate enough to meet the head of the company who was up from Sydney for the day... it was my lucky day.  Out came the books and I now have him sourcing tiles from all over the place! 

The lead time for Italy is 12 weeks minimum, so if you are sourcing tiles and aren't happy with the showroom, allow yourself plenty of time to complete the order.

I came home (after a 3 hour consultation with clients, and 2 hours for my own house) with a boot full of goodies. I  found a black marble which has 'gone commercial' (well below budget) and a beautiful charcoal specimen, both of which would be perfect for our stairwell.

I also found a fantastic Italian Porcelain for around the pool, possibly a water wall tile to match and a multi-grey honed & gloss tile complete with fossils (& for a steal) for our ensuite! 

I gave A & the kids my tile presentation/sales pitch in my hot pink dressing gown in our driveway in the early hours of this morning and got the thumbs up for my work.

I will sleep well tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...