About Me

My photo
After we've completed a house, it's amazing how many people say "Isn't it great how it all came together!"... as if by accident. This is a very small look into how it all "comes together".

Monday, March 21, 2011

The Ivy & Retro-licious Plants

I haven't been on site this week.
I was there last week when someone (who didn't own up) smashed the front angle of the house. 
My heart sank when I saw it, then it sank even further when I saw the look on A's face.

So I'm focussing on other things.. 
like plants!!
Several weeks ago A & I visited Sydney and spent an afternoon at the Ivy.
I love that place.
I love the greenery and it gave us some great ideas for the house.

70's maiden hair ferns on a marble bar and attached the wall (has anyone sourced those lights yet??)
A. soaking up the happy hour atmosphere (Where's Wally?) 
Ivy Love
 You can never have too many pot plants!
This has inspired me to learn how to do macrame again!
I was quite good at it in the 70's.

 You know I'm a bit partial to a martini
I love this idea of the pots on the wall.
We are going to do this on our courtyard [charcoal] block wall. 
I saw it (more extreme) at a studio in Bangkok last year and it was love at first sight.


  We spent the day at Bribie on Saturday at my in-laws' retro beach house.
There are retro-licious treasures all over the house and the gardens are incredible.
Tell me, can I acquire a green thumb, or do you have to be born with it?
 My father in law is "looking after" the sideboard for me.
 Wouldn't it be great if we could take our children back to the 70's 
to show them what life was like...
I thought of you when I saw this German Pottery Miss K
 My mother in law is from the Phillipines. 
I'd love one of these in my house.
It'd have to be full of good-luck!
 This photo of A and his Sister is very cool.
 This is why I need Lola to teach me how to have a green thumb...
 I'm loving the hanging pots!
Perhaps I should start by getting some "cuttings" next time I visit.....

Any green thumb tips are greatly appreciated.
J
xx

PS. The flowers are for Miss Faux Fuchsia who is expecting her first Bambino.

2 comments:

  1. I can see a vertical garden working beautifully in your place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tinky! When you don't have the space to plant out... It must go up! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...