About Me

My photo
After we've completed a house, it's amazing how many people say "Isn't it great how it all came together!"... as if by accident. This is a very small look into how it all "comes together".

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The shape of things to come

Hi Everyone!
I hope you all had a great weekend.
We had another action packed one...Dinner Friday night, Wet & Wild with Nippers on Saturday, a friend's 40th Saturday night, Nipper Presentations on Sunday. Today I've lost my voice, which is torture for me but a welcome relief for some ;-)

On Friday some of the Scaff came down, and now we can see the house!
The helical fins will sit inside the steel above and below the windows.
I can't wait to see how they look!
I like that the lines are clean and the colours compliment this.

While we were there with all of the windows and doors open it poured (just for something different!) and the eyebrows and overhangs stopped any rain from coming inside. I was actually thinking "this house is really nice to be in when it's raining"...

The house has been cleaned up and is now ready for painting.
This will be our kitchen
We looked at Fireplaces last week
We have decided to go with an eco-smart fireplace again, 
this time we are using the 70cm (XL burner)
 and it will sit in a stone bench like this
Ours will have cabinetry underneath 
and will act as a divider between the entry and the living room.
Look at that view!!!

This outdoor fireplace looks nice, 
I think we'll just get a little one for the deck
By the time we move in the weather will be getting cooler.
I am getting very excited about moving now. 
The poor Sugarcube looks like a bomb has hit it. 
I'm in pack-up mode already.

Have a great week.
Be Happy & Be kind
J
xx

Talk to me :-) 
Please leave comments below

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jodie :)

    I love that fireplace! Wish we were having one too. Unfortunately, we couldn't find a spot for it as my man prefers to have TVs everywhere :(

    What skirting boards/architrave profiles do you normally go with?

    Are you going with square set or cornices?

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi B,
    Yes, the TV's creep into just about every room in our house too! I'm trying to cut back... but the other day I noticed a recess (the shape of a tv) in the study... well, well... what have we here??

    We are going all square set in this house with a 60mm plain skirting. We also do shadow line in the ceilings and incorporate recessed curtains & LED strip lighting. It looks very neat.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way!!! You are having a TV in the study as well? That would be my man's dream I think :)

    I love the sound of recessed urtains & LED strip ligting, do you have any photos of it?

    Can't wait to see your new house finished :)

    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks B,
    The Sugarcube curtains are recessed (double track) but the LED strip lighting is a new thing, so no photos yet. We are trying to do away with down lights where possible. My old Interior Design Teacher would have a fit!! We have no down lights (only LED) in the living room, master bedroom or hallways (I never use them anyway). It really made us re-think 'mood' lighting (and will hopefully reduce our insane power bills)?? We'll see :-)
    J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its been a while since I popped in J, lovely to see more of your home take shape. Love the eyebrows and that fireplace will be devine I am sure.
    I have been a busy girl, we are selling the house to start planning another one. I may need your architect.;)
    Take care. K

    ReplyDelete
  6. K, Great to have you back!! I've missed you!!
    Exciting news from you. I always love to hear about people who move around as much as we do, especially when it involves a new build.... can't wait to hear all about it!
    Jx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...